It’s time for companies and organisations to start understanding how and how fast we make decisions. As human beings we are visually oriented by nature.
We google 4 million search queries every minute and 90 percent of all data has been created in the last two years. And the increase of visual data is exploding.
Here are some mindblowing stats on what happens online in 1 minute:
- Email users send 204,000,000 messages
- Blog writers post 1400 new blog posts
- Facebook users share 2,460,000 pieces of content
- Twitter users tweet 277,000 times
- Whats App users share 347,222 photos
- Instagram users post 216,000 new photos
- Yelp users post 26,380 reviews
- Vine users share 8,333 videos
- Pinterest users pin 3,472 images
- Youtube users upload 72 hours of new video
The average attention span is 2,8-8 seconds and visual data and content works because the human brain processes visual information such as images much faster than text, and 90 percent of information transmitted to the brain is visual. The brain identifies images seen for as little as 13 milliseconds.
So again, it’s time for companies and organisations to start understanding how and how fast we make decisons and that we are visual by nature.
Not convinced yet?
- Content with visuals/videos attracts 3x more inbound links
- Photos, pictures, and videos get over 100% more engagement
- Viewers spend 100% more time on pages with visual content
- Visuals get 94% more views than text-based information
And, there is absolutely now proof that the "60, 000 times faster..." is more than an expression. The important part is that it processes visual data faster!
Do you want to know more?
Source: Zooma Analytics